CoolMate Garage Door Insulation
Manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility right here in Australia, Coolmate – Garage insulation is a new generation of reflective foil laminate technology, which has been designed suit most modern garage applications. Most garages are used for much more than just storing the car or some tools, it is more than likely that you use your garage for an extra living space, media room, man cave or just somewhere to entertain friends on the weekend. Because of that, we want to maximise your comfort and make it a much more enjoyable experience for you and your guests. Features of Coolmate – Garage insulation
- Keeping out the searing heat during summer.
- Assisting in keeping in warmth during the colder months.
- Extremely light weight putting less pressure on your garage door.
- By reducing the heat in your garage will reduce the run time of your air conditioner saving you money on your electricity bill.
- Coolmate will also act as an acoustic barrier to help reduce road noise.
- Complete safety as all materials contain no harmful fibres and are safe for installation and use.
- Being fire retardant, meaning it is not susceptible to catching on fire.
Thermal Resistance (both heat and cool)
Your oven (sorry, we mean garage) in most homes is central to the house and is connected to your living areas by multiple internal walls. All of the excess heat generated by your garage door will be absorbed into your home. This will cause your cooling system to have to work much harder to try and disperse the heat out of your living areas. Coolmate will work in reverse in Winter by helping to keep all of that warmth inside your home rather than just letting it disappear out the garage door. Ever walk into your garage first thing in the morning on the way to work to get in your car and it’s freezing? Well during the night you would have been losing all of the warmth that is inside your home out into the driveway. Coolmate will reduce the heat loss dramatically and keep you warm. Our garage door insulation panels are both slimline and extremely effective. Unlike many others on the market, our panels are laminated with foil on both sides ensuring that your door is strongly armed to protect your home from the intrusion of extreme heat and cold, saving you money.
Coolmate – Garage insulation is manufactured in Australia from a fire retardant expanded polystyrene core (FR-EPS) and this is what gives it such great thermal properties however a by-product of this is that it will also assist in keeping out the outdoor sounds that you don’t want penetrating your home (lawnmowers, cars, screaming kids).
Our Performance Guarantee
- Will maintain the same thermal performance for the life of the panel
- Will not sag
- Will not delaminate*
- Endorsed by STANDARDS AUSTRALIA
- BCA Compliant
- Fire retardant
- Formaldehyde free
- CFC & HCFC free
- Has Zero Volatile Organic Compounds(VOC’s)
- Has no harmful carcinogens
- No dangerous fibrous airborne particles
- Installed without gaps
- Lightweight and fast to install
- Impervious to moisture
- 100% Australian Made
- 100% Australian Owned
- ZERO ozone-depleting substances (CFC & HCFC Free)
- ZERO Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
- Vapour Transmission rate – Nil
- Environmentally Safe
- No harmful “itchy” fibres
- Fire Retardant Rigid Panel
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Lightweight & durable
Our DIY kits include:
- Your CoolMate insulation panels
- Installation directions and care and maintenance instructions
- One cutting knife
- One tube of heat-resistant silicone
- One silicone gun
- One straight edge (for assisting in cutting the panels to size)
Optional extras (incurs additional cost):
- Reinforced foil tape
- Tube of heat-resistant silicone
- Silicone gun
- Cutting knife
How to Measure For CoolMate Insulation
In order to provide you with a quote for your CoolMate insulation, we require the following information to be provided in your pricing request:
- The number of panels on your garage door
- The height x width of the largest panel on your door
How to measure your panels:
- Measure to the edges of the metal joins (not underneath the lip of the door)
- As pictured below, measure to the points of the red arrows
We have cost-effective solutions for DIY product packages which come complete with everything you need to self install the insulation panels or we can do it all for you with our product and installation packages. Please use the above how-to guide when providing the height x width measurements in your request form.
Pricing is based on garage size and delivery zones. Currently, this product is exclusively offered to customers in the Gold Coast and Brisbane regions.
Please use the quote form below to request pricing.